Thursday, June 22, 2017

UV Short Stories - #2 - "Well, to be fair..."



*****
"I just feel so stupid... I mean, it was right in front of my nose the whole time! Like, seriously! How did I not recognize you?"

"Well, to be fair, it has been over five years since we last saw each other, and I didn't know it was you, either! Well, not until I figured out who your mother was..."

"Yeah, but I've changed a lot since then... You? Hardly at all. You're still the same Ruby I knew back when we were kids; a snobbish know-it-all who had a thing for plants and dragon books."

Ruby suppressed a choke of laughter and playfully punched Sapphire's shoulder.

"Me? Snobbish? Have you taken a look in the mirror lately, mate? I think you'll find you're far worse than I am!"

The blue kangaroo rolled her eyes and gave an irritated growl

"Oh, shut up."

*****
Well... It started off as an experiment, then proceeded onto a possible Saturday night picture, then finally ended up becoming a short story.
If I keep this up, I might even enjoy adding semi complex backgrounds to these pictures! Or hate them even more... I dunno. Kinda fifty-fifty at this point.

Anyway! So, I have NO IDEA what's going on in here. Well, some idea, but not enough to explain it. Take out of this what you will.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my...

    GIVE US MORE RUBY-SAPPHY FRIENDSHIP MOMENTS! I can't get enough of these two >< Especially Sapphy... and Ruby, tbh, I was expecting you to say that Sapphy didn't change much either... that'd be sweet, but this conversation is awesome the way it is, I guess ^^ Waiii!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Let me see what I can do about the 'more Ruby-Sapphy' moments... *starts to rub hands together* Ooooh boy, do I have some ideas that I've been waiting to publish for a long while!
      Lets see if my current art skills are up to the challenge! >:)

      Delete
    2. Waii!! Go go, Apple!

      Oh, right, speaking of changing... (a little "deep" (yeah, as if) talk over here, hope you don't mind ^^") Apple hasn't changed too. I just suddenly felt like it's been long since Cupcake the Leopard existed, then I looked back and found out that it's been 3 years since the beginning of UV. Sugoi! Being the nostalgic person that I am, I sometimes look back at the comments I used to post on here, and boy, I talk completely differently now. A lot of things have changed since then over here... I cannot even believe that I'm the same person anymore. Not a bad thing, no comment. But you didn't change at all since I came back to check the new Saturday posts- still the same Apple who started UV. I think that's admirable, and although I believe that you'd still be amazing (perhaps even more) if you did change, thanks for staying awesome ^^

      Yup. Just dropped by to say this awkward thing. Sowwy.

      Delete
    3. *Salutes* Thank you! Means a lot to hear something like that from you. Love you very muchly, Twinkle! <3

      Delete