Saturday, October 30, 2021

Zommer Doodles

 Picked up my Cintiq tablet for the first time in almost 2 weeks on Thursday and gotta say it's good to be back on digital again. My wrist was a little stiff and sore after only two hours or drawing, but that just means I need to exercise it again over the next week or two. It's cool. I'll get my endurance back soon.

Anyway. I didn't want to pressure myself with any serious drawing projects just after I got over my burnout, so I figured "Y'know what? Moshi Monsters sounds really fun right now. Let's draw those crazy kids and don't worry about what other people think for a change".
So I did.

I doodled all six monsters on Thursday, but yesterday I felt like focusing on only one of them. Really work out how they look like in my style, and colour them to my taste. Maybe add some more personality to them while I was at it.

Think I've done a pretty alright job! :)

If the picture looks a little (or very) blurry then you can blame me for using a brush with the width of 1 pixel, instead of my normal inked pens.
Why was I using a brush that was only 1 pixel big? Because one of the best ways to overcome art anxiety for me is picking a random pencil/pen/crayon/etc that I would never dream of using and using it instead of my perfected settings and brushes.

It's super fun, but very experimental. And results may not look 100% pleasing, but hey. That wasn't the point for me this week.

Fast, loose, hard-edged and very old-school... It felt cool. Made me think of all those first artists on the computer and what they must've put up with.
I've deduced I am very lucky living in the modern age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment