Saturday, August 6, 2022

Chromatic Killer

 Finally! Art Fight is over! I AM FREE!
It was a good time and I'm glad I participated again this year, but I glad to be free from the war again.

I drew art for a different kind of war though, and it came in two different flavors!

 I've had a pretty good mental image of drawing this guy in a (almost) completely grayscale picture for at least a year, but I finally got round to drawing it a few weeks ago. I think during Art Fight? Because I needed a break and I thought I could finally do my idea justice? I can't remember anymore. It's been too long.
The point is I had a lot of fun with this picture and I learnt a lot about keeping my values straight. Also snake skin! That was a neat experiment that I'm looking forward to repeating one day.

4 comments:

  1. Yoo~ your art here looks so cool!! Love the colors and lighting and shading :)

    ~ Shan, again. (hope you read the comment I left on your most recent post (the Sunflower Sheriffs..?) first lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EY ta mate!! <3 The colors were a lot of fun to do- I actually 'drew' this in color, but I put a greyscale filter over the top of my art so I could keep an eye on my shading and lighting! :3 It was fun pretending to be colorblind as I made this! XD

      Delete
    2. Of course! I can’t tell which one I like more: I like how the pink triangles and glasses pop out in the grayscale one, but I also really like the bright and vibrant colors in the full color one. It looks so cool and I like the aesthetic :D

      Delete
    3. I couldn't decide either; hence why I made two versions! XD Nah but seriously, this guy's hot pink sunglasses were iconic and I had to show it off in the grayscale picture, but oh boy the rainbow one is very aesthetically pleasing too! XD SO MUCH COLOR!! :D
      I was also trying to make a tritanopia colored picture, but I couldn't get my head around changing the colors, so I didn't XD but anyway! Enough of me rambling! (boy I did miss ya a lot Shan! <3)

      Delete