Saturday, April 17, 2021

Reginald Steel

Gave myself a treat yesterday and drew my favorite wolfman. Because I deserve to draw my characters every now and then, between all the other things that I'm always doing.

Just... something simple and easy for a change. No bells or whistles.
Just a good boy with his sword.

For a sketch, I suppose it's not bad. But I'm getting anxious about not working on anything big for the past few months, because I'm afraid I'm forgetting all the skills I worked so hard on when I was younger.
All the glitzy backgrounds are easy; but they only work when I do line-art. Otherwise it just looks silly to me. And also something I didn't earn doing.
... Don't miss drawing shadows as much, but shading and sprucing up the flat colours is also something I really don't want to forget.

Meh. I'm probably overreacting. And I guess I haven't been mentally stable enough to commit to drawing something more complicated than a fancy sketch anyway.
All the same. I wouldn't mind spending an entire two days on the same drawing for a change...

Maybe after I've finished my current project.
Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment