Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ch.4. Book of Legends - part.2

Ruby and Fang enter through the doors of the Vampire Lord's mansion.

Vampire Lord:  Greetings Ruby Deathdancer.  My spy returns! You have news from the world beyond the Forests?  What do the UnMythical people remember of us?

Fang: Nothing much at all.

Ruby:  He's right - they don't remember anything, but I've heard of a book that tells the stories of their past battles with us.


Vampire Lord:  We must have this book!  Do you know where it is?

Ruby:  Yes.  It's behind a locked door in the library, but it's looks too complicated for me to break into.

Vampire Lord:  Go talk to your Great-Grandmother - she is a great vampire with many talents.  She is one of the few left who is old enough to remember those last wars with the UnMythics.  Go little Deathdancer - I have faith that you will succeed.

A waning crescent moon hung coldly amongst the fog enshrouded branches as Ruby and Fang near their homely destination.

Fang: (talking to the Narrator) That was rather poetic - have you been reading lots of books again?

Narrator:  Sorry - won't happen again.

Ruby:  Who are you talking to Fang?

Fang: It's a long story.

Ruby follows the light up the stairway into her twin brothers' bedroom.

Ruby:  Where's Grandma?

Devin:  Brewing potions down in the basement.


Kevin:  Now get out of our room!

They head down into the basement to find Grandma.

Grandma:  Hello my dear child!  How was your day?

Ruby:  Interesting.  It's amazing what you can learn from mere mortals without bite.

Fang:  She also earned the trust of a koala!

Grandma:  That's nice.

Ruby:  I heard about a secret book.  The Vampire Lord wants me to steal it - but it's very secure behind a locked door.  He said I should ask you for help.

Grandma:  I can make your life easier by brewing potions for you, but I think you need a little more help than that! My old body has had many years of fighting, and I'm not made for stealth at this old age.


Fang: Maybe another spy can help us out? I've heard that some kid named "Midnight DarkMoon" has asked the Vampire Lord if he could join the other kids out in the unmythic schools, but he is currently on hold for joining a school mission yet. And I've also heard he has a reputation for burglary!

Ruby: Perfect! Stealing a book should be right up his alley!

Grandma: I have often seen him - he sometimes goes off to the local night-market to steal Dragonfire Berries!

Ruby: Then that's where we'll look first!

Ruby and Fang say goodbye and head off to the markets.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo... interesting. But hurry up Ruby, tell your Grandma about Silver! I have this feeling that Silver is going to cause lots of trouble for Ruby- even though my 'feelings' are hardly ever correct. Hehe.

    Cupcake: Correction- they are never correct.

    *Stuffs Cupcake into potion bottle*

    Cupcake: Gurgle gurgle gurgle gurgle gurgle!

    I like the sound of that.

    ReplyDelete