Saturday, August 29, 2015

Bk2 Ch.3 Tunnels! - part3

 Hello guys! Obviously you know this is Applestorm... Uh, sorry for the lack of posts... I've been really lazy and for dumb reasons. Don't worry, I'll still continue writing, but I apologize if they're a little late. That is all... Uh... you can start reading now!

........

Sapphire was walking slowly through the forest, having no idea where she was going (not that she cared), and trying to figure out  where Barak and Midnight went. Mora kept pace beside her, making sure there were no threats.

Sapphire: Now where did that thief go? Do you know, Mora?

Mora cocked her head to Sapphire, not realizing the importance of the situation.

Sapphire: ... You either don't know, or care. I guess that's what you get for having a dog as a companion.

The bloodhound looked up, alert. She barked at Sapphire, who also looked at the sky. With a start, she took a few steps forward.


Sapphire: Bright orange cloud in the dark night sky, with the sweet, sweet scent of cinnamon... I think it's danger.

Mora hid behind Sapphire, barking at the cloud.

Sapphire: Don't worry, I'll protect you from the scary cloud of death.

Sapphire picked up Mora and continued walking..

Ruby finished telling the story to the listening Vampires.

Ruby: ... And we came across your village. I believe that's all.

Citrine: Impressive! I'm surprised you've come so far without getting badly injured.

Ruby: I'll... just take that as a compliment.

Just then, they heard the sound of feet from shadows behind them. Out come a few more Vampires with a Dragon.

Ruby: Barak! Am I glad to see you again. What are you doing here? Where's Midnight?

Barak: Coming along.


A figure crashed to the ground, which appeared to be Midnight. He lay there, panting, and slightly annoyed.

Midnight: Thanks for leaving me behind. I had such a fun time searching my way through the dark tunnels and passageways! Not to mention I have dirt in my eyes...

Ruby: Be quiet, Midnight. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason why you got lost.

Barak: Yes, there was. He ignored our guide's advice to keep to the left at all times.

Midnight: It's not my fault someone doesn't understand the meaning of "slow down"...

Digger (purple tiger): That's rich, coming from a cheetah! Anyway, the names Digger. My buddy here is Duggar - we're the driller rescue team of GemRock Village!

Ruby: Drill rescue team?

Duggar (yellow tiger): Yeah, we help injured Vampires and animals that have gotten lost or trapped in the tunnels all over the island.

A few of the animals in the room barked, meowed, or squeaked in agreement.

Sunshine: So... how did you find those two?

Digger: That's still something we don't quite understand ourselves, to b' honest... We were digging tunnels, like we usually do, when Duggar wanted to take a break. We stopped, and then suddenly this HUGE light beam burst through where we were drillin', and this long crisp path led upwards.

Duggar: We went to investigate, when we found this cheetah and... not sure who the other kid is.


Ruby: That would be Barak, Champion Dragon who's hopefully going to save us from certain death.

The duo looked at each other, then back at Barak, who smiled and waved.

Digger: ... The, legendary Dragon champion?

Ruby: I thought I just said that, but yes. That would be this guy.

Duggar: ... Sorry, master Barak, for calling you a child... I should've been more respectful...

Barak: Don't worry! Anyone under a few thousand years is thought of as a child to my kind. I just hatched, so you have more right to call me by my age.

Midnight: A few thousand? I don't think anyone LIVES that long...

Barak: Dragons, a few lucky Ice Giants, wise Vampire Lords, and Alpha Winter Fangs.

Midnight: ... My point has been made.

Midnight walked over to Sunshine, and looked at her closely. He gave a frustrated shake of his head and walked towards Ruby.

Midnight: Now before you go on about "Where's Sapphire?" and such, we don't know. She didn't keep up with us, and she's probably wandering around lost in the forest.

Ruby: WHAT?!

Midnight: Hey, it's not like she's in danger or anything. For starters, she an UnMythic, AND she has that hound with her. She'll be fine. If anything, I think we can go on without her.

Ruby: How can you SAY things like that? One, shes family to me, Mythic or not. Two, the UnMythics will be after her as much as us, despite being who she is. And... you don't leave friends behind!

Midnight: Heh, I forgot you guys weren't thieves. This dumb thing about "no one gets left behind"...



Ruby: It's not dumb - we're stronger in a group, and we have different skills and talents that help pull us through in the time of need. Not that you'd care, because you're a criminal!

Midnight: I have all the skills I need to survive. Besides, what can Sapphire do?

Ruby: She... well... Oh, WHY am I having this conversation with you?! I'm going to get her.

Ruby made a motion back to the tunnel they came in, but Moon grabbed her arm.

Moon: No! You'll die if you go up there! Remember the cinnamon cloud floating towards us?

Ruby rolled her eyes, dug into her potion bag, and pulled out a shiny bottle with bright orange liquid. She drank some of the potion, before breaking her arm free.

Ruby: That will stop the cinnamon poisoning me for an hour.

And before anyone could say anything else, she dashed back up the tunnel they had came from.

Vampire: ... She's crazy.

A blood hound woofed in agreement, while Midnight just sighed.

Midnight: All that, for family...

Midnight looked in the direction Ruby went, with a war going in his head.


Sapphire continued to trudge through the dark woods, getting slightly more lonely.

Sapphire: I hope the others don't do anything rash just to make sure I'm alright... But, knowing them, they probably will.

A shout sounded nearby, which sounded a lot like Ruby's, calling for Sapphire's name.

Sapphire: What did I tell you, Mora?

A minute later, Ruby appeared from the forest growth, a little dirty, but otherwise fine.

Ruby: There you are, Sapphire!


Sapphire: Why hello there, dear cousin. I'm glad you at least remember me. But what are you doing? There's a... um...

Sapphire pointed to the sky, trying not to smile.


Ruby: Oh, yes I was warned of that. That's why I drank a Anti-cinnamon potion before I left the GemRock village hideout.

Sapphire: Should've known you came prepared.

???: FREEZE, or prepared to be... uh... What do they call it?

???: It don't matter, JUST GRAB THEM!!!

Ruby, not looking up to see who that was, pushed Sapphire deeper into the forest.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for not commenting much, I usually check all the blogs I read on my phone, they are all saved on little tabs. I think I lost your tab for a few says, I got it back though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok! I know a lot of people read this, even if they don't comment.

      Delete
    2. Haha, that's me. With the, erm, always reading but only commenting sometimes. Um yeah lol. This story is pretty interesting compared to others, alright? XD ok..

      Delete