Saturday, January 30, 2021

Movie Night

Hm. This week has been pretty productive, if I do say so myself.
Made four complicated and fully coloured sketches that I was reasonably proud of, as well as a half a dozen little sketches that brought me minor enjoyment.
My stress kept itself purely professional - which was nice - as we had to go to the dentist yesterday, and the only way I could keep myself sane was by focusing all my attention and stress onto my work, one day at a time.

My anxiety can work for my benefit too, occasionally...
But I'm curious to see if I can do a repeat performance next week, since I think we'll be going to our yearly optometrist appointment in the next few days... And I hate going to the optometrist.
So I'll either draw lots, or crash and burn with stress.

We'll find out when we get there, I suppose.
Worse case scenario, if I draw nothing in the next 7 days I'll just post another of the sketches I made this week on here and ramble for a bit. I think no one would mind if I did that.

This was just one of the four fancy sketches I posted on Instagram this week... I did this one on Monday, I think. It took me almost two hours to do the floor because perspective and I are still strangers and I hate it with burning indifference.

But the rest of the drawing was fun to do!

I've been drawing Team Magma a lot over these past few months, and it's gotten up to the point where I can draw most of them from memory, and be comfortable with them? Like... Tabitha is almost a comfort character for me to draw now, because he's big and round and soft and has a cool horned sleeveless hoodie and he's an utter mad brat and I love him. So much.

And it's thanks to Maxie that I'm getting better at drawing glasses.. even if I think his Mega Glasses look stupid. Also, anyone that decides that wearing a turtle neck in a sub-tropical climate has my scorn and respect.

Courtney is still giving me some trouble, but I blame Nintendo for giving her such a weird outfit in the first place and wont hold it against her. She's a lovely psychotic child, even if I think she defies the laws of fashion.

*mmm* yeah, I think I'm done talking now.
I wish you guys a lovely weekend, and hope to see you in good spirits next week! :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice to read that you’ve been productive. That’s good. :)

    Love the weekly drawing as always. I also think it’s pretty funny. Watching bad movies, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching bad movies is a surprisingly good method for bonding. At least for families that suck at communicating and love taking a few shots at something that's put together worse than them... Like Magma. :)

      Delete