Thursday, November 12, 2015

Bk2 Ch.8 Dark Sun Mountain -part2

After Ruby patched Midnight up some more, they slowly trudged on along the path, not saying anything. Sapphire sighed, and called out to Ruby after about half an hour of walking.

Sapphire: You guys go on ahead - me and Fang... we need to talk.

Ruby shrugged and carried on with Midnight and Mora. Echo silently flew nearby with Barak, taking in the desolate scenery.

Ruby: ... Midnight? You've been quiet lately. What's on your mind?

Midnight: What? Oh, um... nothing.

Ruby: Did you seriously say "nothing"? Please. If my books have taught me anything, it's that when someone says "nothing", it's always something important. So tell me, before I break your other arm.

Midnight paused for a moment before he hesitatingly answered.

Midnight: I-it's about Sunshine.


Ruby: Oh, so you have a crush on her?

Midnight: What?! Do you think I like that snow cat? Like some sort of love struck dog following its master like a mindless puppet?!

Ruby: Sorry, but that's what usually happens in books.

Midnight: Books are dumb. But no, I'm not.. hang on, I think I'm going to throw up.

Ruby: Ok, ok... But come on, what is it?

Midnight: ... I dunno. I just have this... feeling, to put it shortly. L-like we've met before, in a fuzzy memory dream. You have those, right?

Ruby: Nope, I'm more normal than you. I don't remember having any "fuzzy memory dreams".

Midnight: Ok, then it's dumb. I'm probably imagining it.

Ruby: Whether that's true or not will remain to be seen. But don't loose your mind over it - your lock picking skills might come in use in the future, ok?

Midnight smiled weakly. Suddenly, Sapphire raced up to both of them, and hissed into Ruby's ear. Ruby jolted into action and grabbed Midnight, and started hurrying him up the path. Barak sensed trouble and started flying faster with Echo, while Mora started to run faster.

Midnight: Ok, what's going on?

Sapphire: Soldiers. Must escape.

Fang: Can't you use another of your ka-booms to get rid of them?


Sapphire: I'm down to only one cinnamon bomb left, but I'm saving it for a greater emergency.

Ruby: Sapphire's right. We need to loose them another way...

Barak: Well, I could just-

Ruby: Barak, I know you're capable of taking an entire Ice Giant army, but we need you here. We shouldn't be relying on you for our every problem! If only we didn't get separated from Sunshine...

Barak thought hard for a moment before racing off to somewhere else.

Ruby: I wish he'd stop doing that.

Sapphire: He isn't really needed here. And besides, we're almost at the top!

They came to the end of the path, at the top of the mountain. Ruby started searching through her bag for a moon crystal, while Sapphire prepared to fight.

Ruby: If only Sunshine was here with the staff!

???: Oh, but she is here, Rudy.

Ruby turned around to see Stonecloud, holding a cinnamon bomb. Mora growled, while Echo shrieked.


Ruby: ... Oh yeah. I remember you. You were the worst history teacher in history.

Mr. Stonecloud: Very funny, but the joke's on you! Hand over the moon crystals, or the white cat gets filled with cinnamon!

Midnight: Wow, your spies are dumber then you. How do you even know if  Ruby has any?

Mr. Stonecloud: Shut your mouth, kid. And aren't you the one who caused trouble beating up kids?

Midnight: No, that was the other kid. Rich man, I think his name was.

Mr. Stonecloud signaled to some soldiers, and they pushed Sunshine forward from their ranks, with Leaf behind her.

Sapphire: Leaf!  I knew it - you showed them where we were going!


Leaf: Um, it's been predicted. Apparently, legends say that the "Vampire Heroes" and Dragon were going to be up here after war was declared.

Sapphire: ... When Dragon boy gets back, I want to ask him why his kind love to spill the future to everyone.

Midnight: Cool! so destiny knew I was going to be here!.... She chose poorly.

Fang: Destiny didn't pick you, Midnight. You accidentally got caught up in the affair.

Sunshine closed her eyes for a moment, before throwing her staff up into the sky.

... And we're just going to leave it there. Deal with it.



If you guys haven't figured it out, I'm posting UV chapters on Tuesday and Thursday, and a picture posts on Saturday.



3 comments:

  1. ...
    ...
    ...
    ...
    ...
    ...Why Barak bite Saffy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. How about asking Fang?

      Fang: It's for the unknown plot coming up that AppleSorm doesn't know about. Your a viewer - you'll find out sooner or later. Meanwhile, can I have a sandwich?

      No. Now go back where you came from!

      Delete
    2. I don't like this ham sandwich that's been in our fridge forever. *guves ti Fang*

      *whispers to Applestorm* When I say forever, I mean FOREVER... *evil smile*

      Delete