Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Bk2 Ch.7 Sapphire's plan -part2

Barak's vision was black. It felt like he was flying in emptiness, and heard faint blurred sounds. But he couldn't make sense of it.

???: WAKE UP!!!

Barak snapped out of his dreamless sleep. He saw Sapphire standing over him, a little frustrated.

Sapphire: About time, Barak. I know your brain cells are probably having a hard time trying to figure this out, but hurry up and blast a hole upwards.

Barak: W-... What? Sorry, I can't hear you...

Sapphire: Then read. My. Lips! Hyper shot, skyward. NOW.

Barak shook his head, trying to clear his hearing and vision. He noticed something in a far corner of the room they were in.


Barak: ... Who's the creature over there?

Sapphire: I'm sorry, but unlike you, I don't have night vision.

Barak blinked, and shot a light beam towards where he thought was up.

Sapphire: Watch where your shooting, Dragon boy!

Barak: I thought that was up...

Sapphire: Good grief, you only got a tiny knock on your head.

???: It was more then just a "Mere knock", Sapphire. Have some sympathy!

Sapphire sighed as the hidden Vampire in the cell came out of the shadows.

Sapphire: I should've known you would've gotten caught, Sunshine. How long have you been here, exactly?

Sunshine: A day.


Sapphire: Yeah, I guessed- Did you say A DAY?! But... you were with us this morning!

Sunshine: No I wasn't! ... Wait... that can only mean...

Barak: Give me a minute... the room is still swirling.

Sunshine: ... I've been copied.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN...

... Ok, You probably saw that a mile away. But-

Get on with it, Narrator!

-... On with the story!

*****

Meanwhile, Ruby and Midnight trudged through the mountain, getting closer to their destination. Suddenly, Sunshine came racing up from behind them.

Sunshine: Guys! Wait up!

Ruby: Sunshine! Where were you? You weren't in the cave when I came back with Midnight!

Sunshine: Uh... Some guards were coming, so I ran as fast as I could to somewhere safer. I managed to catch up to you, though.


Ruby: Well, I guess it's good you didn't get captured. I'm not sure about Sapphire and Barak though, but we'll just hope we'll meet up soon.

Sunshine: Where are... Sapphire and Barak?

Ruby: Barak said Sapphire - who was causing a distraction for us to escape - was in trouble and flew to rescue her.

Sunshine: Oh no... If they get caught, that's...

Midnight: Yeah, well Barak can get her out. But they'd better come back alive.

Sunshine drifted from them and slid down the mountain and out of sight.

Midnight: ... Suspicious.

Ruby: No, she's been doing that a lot. For whatever reason I don't know, but we need her.

Midnight grumbled but continued walking. Explosions sounded far off in the distance as they kept moving forward.

Midnight: ... I'm hungry.

Ruby: Well too bad. We're not stopping for a lunch break, even if you are injured.

Midnight: War is stupid... Because of it, I can't even eat a sandwich.

Fang: DID SOMEONE SAY SANDWICH?!

Midnight: You can't have one!


Fang: ...

Fang was about to jump into Ruby's bag, when a burst of bright lights started flashing behind them.

Ruby: ... That looks like Barak's fire!

Midnight: Great, that means they probably both got caught and are now making an attempt to escape by making a lot of noise. Ha, amateurs!

Ruby: I bet they'll do a better job at escaping than you.

Midnight: I bet they don't get out at all!

Ruby: Let's wait and see, Mr. Negative.

They looked at the smoke starting to rise above the rain, hoping they would get reunited with their friends.

2 comments:

  1. One thing that they should worry about more than anything: Who is the actual copy and who is the actual real? Sometimes I wander too much from scenes, but I was thinking if the Sunshine in the jail was the fake, how would the story end up? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete