Thursday, October 1, 2015

Bk2 Ch.5 Dungeons and creatures - part4

Midnight and Mora darted behind a bunch of boxes, and waited. The growling got fainter, and then some UnMythics on patrol came around where Midnight had came from.

UnMythic 1 (purple tiger): I wish the others would hurry up and finish their patrol around the place. We haven't seen this "black cheetah", and I think he left ages ago.

UnMythic 2 (pink leopard): Funny, I don't seem to hear you complain in front of the commanders...

UnMythic 1: That's because I'll be stuck guarding that angry Vampire prisoner until the end of the war if I so much as argue while we're at war with them.

UnMythic 2: You know what's at stake. Either we go back to our destroyed home, or fight for the one we currently have.


UnMythic 1: Yes, I do know. But why have we waited for a thousand years for this? Why didn't we do it back then, when they were weaker?

UnMythic 2: We were expecting reinforcements, but they never came. It would've been a lost cause otherwise, neither side winning until one of us died out - which would've been us.

Midnight listened, confused. He strained his ears, trying to pick up what they were saying.

UnMythic 2: ... Ok, enough with the chatter. Let's continue going.

UnMythic 1: I thought girls were good at that...

UnMythic 2: If you don't wish to be reported, zip your mouth.

Midnight, while trying to lean in closer, he accidentally kicked a rock aside. The UnMythics looked behind them, and seeing Midnight and Mora, charged right at them.

Midnight: Ok... sneaking time is over.

Midnight dashed into one of the UnMythics, and bit his shoulder. He scream in fright more then pain, but kicked Midnight in the stomach. Midnight fell sideways before side kicking the second UnMyhtic.

Midnight: Ow... I've already been hurt in that spot, Krilidin. You dare give me more pain than needed?!

UnMythic 2: Wait... that-

Midnight: Yeah yeah, I know I didn't pronounce it properly. I only did it to annoy you!

UnMythic 1: How do you know what we are?!

Midnight: Your guard dog barks too much. Not enough bite, either. Oh, and speaking of bites... you might want to run from the army.


UnMythic 2: W-why?

Midnight: If I'm right, a monster is roaming around here. Monsters produce fair bit of magic from anger, and since I need strong magic in order for my bite to actually work... yeah, I think you know what's coming.

UnMythic 2: Monster? What monster?

Midnight: Uh... y'know what? Just ignore me. There is no monster that would possibly eat you down here... None whatsoever. You're probably not gonna die, or turn into a Vampire thanks to me.

UnMythic 1: You dare mock us?

Midnight: Yes. Yes I do!

The UnMythic kicked Midnight again, but Mora leaped into action, and started attacking him.

UnMythic 2: Why'd you bit me? I don't want to be a Vampire... everything my father has taught me will go against my whole life now!

Midnight: It was only in self defense! You attack, I fight back. It's how the war works!

UnMythic 2: I curse your family! Your entire race for this!

Midnight: You curse the cursed, but you can't curse a family that doesn't exist. Come on, Mora... the others are probably waiting for us.

Mora snarled at the UnMythic she was attacking, and followed Midnight down the tunnel, and into the sunlight. He spotted a blue animal down below in the valley, and raced down to see what it was.

Sapphire: You're back!

Sapphire raced to meet Midnight, but only to speed past him and hug Mora.

Sapphire: That is the last time I send you out to rescue a worthless thief, right Mora?


Midnight: Yeah, well... she didn't help me at all battling all the UnMythics up there.

Sapphire: Haha, I bet she did more then you. Now come on, the rest are waiting for us!

Midnight sighed and followed Sapphire and Mora.

*****

Ruby, Sunshine and Barak were starting to travel uphill. Ruby signaled to stop for a moment, and Barak flopped down into the ground.

Ruby: We're only stopping for a minute or two, ok?

Sunshine: Fine by me.

Fang crawled out of Ruby's backpack and scurried over to Barak.

Fang: Uh... Barak? May I talk to you privately?

Barak: Sure, little spider!

Fang quietly dashed into some trees, with Barak close behind. Just then, Sapphire and Midnight caught up with them.

Ruby: Glad to see you both safe! What happened to you, Midnight?

Midnight: Had a run in with a couple of UnMythics. Nothing new.


Ruby: Yeah... I find that strange, but we have more important things to worry about I guess...

Suddenly, Barak leaped out of the trees and bit Sapphire's hand. She yowled in pain, and fell back into Midnight. She paused for a moment before yelling at the small Dragon.

Sapphire: What in the name of... RUBY'S VAMPIRE LORD was that for?!

Barak: S-sorry! I didn't know it was you! I thought you were an UnMythic- Uh, the bad ones, not you...

Sapphire: Well, that really hurt! Next time, think before you attack, OK? Happier times for all of us then... OK, let's continue - I'll try to walk this off.

Sapphire started up towards the mountain, with the others close behind. Fang came out of the bushes, and put a spidery leg on Barak's claw.


Fang: You did the right thing, kid. It'll save everyone else the heartache later.

They followed the others, feeling very grim.



5 comments:

  1. DESTROYED HOME?!

    Now I see why they want this much war over land! Aww...if only the vampires understood.

    Uh oh...I feel...NOOO~

    "If only I knew what my heart was, trying to, tell me

    If only I knew that

    Is this just a dream?

    Oh oh....OHHH...."

    I tend to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also...SAPPHIRE'S NOT GONNA DIE, IS SHE?!?!

      Twinkle will NOT be happy.

      Delete
    2. How am I suppose to know? I know I'm the Author of this blog, but I don't think ahead! I just... "Make it up as you go along". But no, I don't "plan" for her to be dead.

      Delete
  2. Sapphires gonna be a vampire, or a dragon, or grow rainbow feet or.. EXPLODE!! Or uhh. Something.. :Q

    ReplyDelete