Thursday, February 25, 2016

B4 Ch1 Sea Salt -part2

After a long while, Sapphire and Silver reached the bottom of the sea. Sapphire looked around, but saw nothing like a underwater city.

Sapphire: ... I don't see this "Seatopia" anywhere.

Silver motioned for Sapphire to follow him behind a crevasse. She swam over, and then saw a big glittering city with stone streets and glowing buildings

Sapphire: ... How did I miss that?

Silver said nothing, but drifted silently towards a nearby building.

Silver: Here we are! Home sweet home, I guess...

Sapphire: Maybe this is because I've never been to a Sea city, but this place looks... odd, to say the least.

Just then, a yellow penguin swam out of the building, but abruptly stopped when she spotted Silver.

Calypso (yellow penguin): Silver! There you are! Looks like you win the hide and seek game - you managed to stay hidden for at least and hour and a half!

Silver: I was gone- I mean, hidden that long?


Calypso: Yeah, and-... Wait a minute, who's that?

The penguin nodded towards Sapphire, and Silver rubbed his paws nervously.

Silver: Um... Cal, this is Sapphire. She's, uh... new, around here.

Calypso: Where are you from, Sapphire?

Sapphire: Not here, I can tell you that. But speaking of which, have you by any chance seen a ship around here? Me and my friends were on it until it sank - I got separated from the group.

Calypso: A ship? Sorry, but the only one I've seen is the boat the raiders got this afternoon!

Sapphire sighed and shook her head impatiently.

Sapphire: Can you take me to these raiders? I want a word with them.

Calypso: Sorry, but they have... business, to attend too.

Sapphire: Figures... Well, looks like I've got another civilization to clean up.

Calypso: What was that?

Sapphire: Nothing.

Calypso: ... Anyway. See you later, Silver!

The penguin dashed off deeper into the watery city, leaving Sapphire and Silver behind.

Silver: So... W-what are you going to do now?

Sapphire: Find these "raiders" to have a talk with them.

Silver: You can't do that!


Sapphire: Why not?

Silver: Because, um... they... it... uh...

Sapphire: Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm going.

As Sapphire turned to leave, Silver caught her arm and pulled her back.

Silver: You don't know where they are!

Sapphire: Then would you be so kind as to tell me?

Silver: ... Why would I d-do that?

Sapphire: You could just leave me clueless as I wander around this strange mystic city, never finding my friends for years and years, alone and probably hungry for some decent food... But, y'know. I'll understand.

Sapphire pulled away and started to swim when Silver swam after her.

Silver: There are two groups of raiders. S.E.A (Silent Echo Agency), they have their headquarters closer to Seatopia, and S.A.L.T (Serene Animals of Lagoon Treasure), who live nearer to the surface.

Sapphire: Take me to this S.E.A group. I may as well start somewhere...

Silver: Are you serious about this plan?

Sapphire: As serious as I'm capable of getting!

Silver: F-fine... Follow me, then.

*****

After a while, the pale otter stopped in front of a dark cave, where inside Sapphire could see the dark shadow of a ship.


Silver: ... I'm not taking you any further, I'm sorry!

Sapphire: Very well... If I ever make it our alive, send my regards to my cousin.

Silver: You'll come back! It's not like there are any dangerous creatures in there!

Sapphire: By the fuss you're making, I could've been mistaken.

Silver: I just d-don't want to get involved with the raiders, is that t-too m-much to ask?

Sapphire: By the time I'm finished, probably.

Sapphire swam into the eerie shipwreck, and fish swam everywhere. She noticed a open door, leading into an even darker room. She cautiously pushed it open, and saw a large tunnel.

Sapphire: Well, let's find out where this leads...

Sapphire swam into the tunnel, and everything was pitch black.

After a little bit, she found herself in a light room, and facing an angry looking seal.

??? (orange seal): Hey, kid! How did you get here?

Sapphire: You're front door was open. I had the pleasure of entering.


???: Aw, Ink! You were suppose to make sure the door was closed!

Ink (pink squid): No, that was Aqua's job, not mine! I just help operations!

Aqua ( red shark): Don't drag me into this! Blame the catfish!

???: We don't have a catfish, fish-brains!

Aqua: Oh shut up, Coral! You're stinking up this place enough with your toys without your shark-breath boosting it!

Ink: That's rich coming from you!

Sapphire sighed and leaned against a wall, waiting for them to stop arguing. Plus, this was amusing!

Aqua: I, unlike my toothy brothers and sisters, have a sense of style and cleanness! If it weren't for that, I might be mistaken for a dolphin.

Coral (orange seal): Yeah, whatever. Now, what are you going to do about our intruder?

The Sea creatures turned to face Sapphire, who grinned back.

Ink: We could get Aqua to eat her!

Aqua: Over my mothers dead body!

Sapphire: Great! Where is it?

Ink: It was a figure of speech!

Sapphire: And mine was a figure of a poor joke! Now, are you guys going to give me back my cousin?

The Sea Creatures gave Sapphire a puzzled look, before answering.

Aqua: What are you talking about, shrimp? What cousin?

Sapphire: My cousin, of course. I'm pretty sure she's not related to you guys!

Coral: Uh...

Sapphire: ... Did you, or did you not attack a ship a few hours ago?

Ink: Ship? There was a ship right under our noses? Why didn't anyone tell us?


Aqua: It's because there's only four of us, jelly-skinned moron. We don't have informers like the S.A.L.T gang!

Coral: And whose fault is that?

Aqua: The public. Just because we're not true "salt-bloods", they refuse to give us what we need!

Sapphire: A-hem... If you can't help me get back my cousin, I'll just leave...

Sapphire turned to leave, but the seal blocked the doorway.

Coral: No, wait! We can!

Aqua: We can?

Coral: Shut up, Aqua... Yes, we can. If there really was a ship, S.A.L.T would have had everyone captured on board. But why are you looking for your cousin?

Sapphire: We were on that boat.

Dead silence~

Coral: ... You... were on a boat? Is that right?

Sapphire: Yeah. Me, my cousin, and friends were traveling back to ShadowWhisper island, back home.

Aqua: I've heard about that place! That's where the Vampires live, right?

Sapphire: Some of us, yeah. We originally left another island of Vampires, but... yes.

Aqua: Wait, so... is your cousin, a Vampire?

Sapphire: Yes. Yes she is.

The shark shark grabbed hold of the seals's arm and motioned the seal to join them, and they started whispering to each other.

1 comment: