Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ch. 21 Attack at Darkriver village - part.1

Late that night, Grandma and Midnight heard a knock on the door. Grandma rose up to answer it. A purple fox was holding a note.

Hex: Do you know how I can find a black cheetah named Midnight Darkmoon?

Grandma: He's right here! Why do you need him?

Hex: It's an important message! Please let me in...

Grandma opened the door widely for the purple fox and she dashed in. Midnight stood up, surprised.

Midnight: Hex?

Grandma: Do you know each other?

Midnight: She's a friends younger sister... What are you doing here? And where's Boo?

Hex: I... don't know.

Midnight: What do you mean, Don't know? Isn't he in your village?


Hex: I don't know! He might be, but... I don't know!

Grandma: What's that you got there?

Hex: A message for Midnight...

Hex handed Midnight the piece of paper.

Midnight: "Dear Midnight. The Village of Darkriver is in danger! We need your help! Your friend, Boo"...

Midnight looked at Hex, expecting her to say something.

Hex: ... He just gave me that note and told me to run as fast as I could, never look back, and to never get caught... I don't know anything else! And Boo wanted you to tell the Vampire Lord in this village about it as well!

Midnight: I'll tell him as soon as I can.

Hex: My village could be in danger! You have to hurry!

Grandma: It's alright, child... You look like death! Have you had any sleep in the last twelve hours?

Hex: I haven't had any sleep since last night...

Grandma: Come now... Hex, was it? Let's get you to bed . You need some sleep! I'll make you a bed down in my potion lab... don't worry! It's warm and safe down there.

Grandma led the little purple fox down to her basement. After a few minutes, Grandma came back up.

Grandma: Poor child... probably had to run for hours without rest!

Midnight: But the Village of Darkriver is peaceful... The only visitors are ghost hunters, and usually they run scared after a look around!

Grandma: I see...

Midnight: And why would Boo send his little sister to ask for help?

Grandma: Maybe he was just trying to protect her?


Midnight: Then he would've came with her! Boo isn't the kind of Vampire to trust other people to do his work for him... Something must've happened!

Grandma: Indeed... you need to tell the Vampire Lord about it!

Midnight: Ok. But I'm worried about Boo...

Midnight took the note and dashed out of the house towards the Vampire Lord's mansion.

Midnight burst through the Vampire Lord's doors. The Vampire Lord looked up surprised.

Midnight: I apologize for the rude entering, powerful Vampire Lord... but the Village of Darkriver is in trouble!

Vampire Lord: Please explain, Midnight Darkmoon...

Midnight: Well... I just got a message from a friends sister saying that the Village is in danger!

Midnight showed the Vampire Lord the note Hex gave him. The Vampire Lord looked at him suspiciously. 

Vampire Lord: And how can you be so sure? We have had no messages from there in a few days...

Midnight: Little Hex Fadehill ran all the way from Darkriver to Everwinter forest ALL NIGHT. Without ANY sleep for the past twenty four hours!

Vampire Lord: Calm down, young Midnight... I was just want to know for sure. We've had fake alarms before, and I just want to know if this is true. I'm just doing my job.

Midnight: I'm sure this is no joke.

The Vampire Lord thought for a minute.

Vampire Lord: We'll send troops tonight. Thank you for letting this come to my attention, Midnight.

The Vampire Lord yelled out a command and Captain Slash rushed in.

Slash: Yes, M'lord?

Vampire Lord: Send out troops to Darkriver village! We have an emergency! You leave now. Time's of the essence!

Slash: Yes, Sir!

Slash turned back and started yelling orders at the top of his voice.

Vampire Lord: You'll go with them on the journey.

Midnight: But... what about Ruby?


Vampire Lord: Ruby Deathdancer can come if she wishes. You'll be leaving shortly. I suggest you hurry.

Midnight: Yes sir!

Midnight dashed out and back to Grandma's house.

2 comments: