Tuesday, January 12, 2016

B3 Ch4 Village in the forest -part3

Just as Sapphire was about to turn a corner, Ruby called for her to stop. She spun around, only seeing Ruby, Sunshine, and Barak.

Ruby: Where's Cole?

Sapphire: I thought he was following us!

Sunshine: I'll go back and see what the problem is.

The white cat quickly headed back to where they came from. Barak flew up onto a nearby building, while the two kangaroo cousins waited.

Suddenly, two guards dressed in black appeared around the corner and approached them, with stern faces.


Black Knight (black rhino): Have you by any chance seen a black cheetah around these parts? Probably wearing a royal purple vest?

Ruby: Uh...-

Sapphire: Nope. I would remember someone like that. Why? Have you lost him?

The knights glared at the two kangaroos, and moved on. Ruby frowned at Sapphire, but waited until the black guards were out of earshot.

Ruby: Why'd you lie?

Sapphire: They're obviously looking for Cole. For whatever reason, I don't know, but I'm sure he'll give that information freely. Ah, speaking of which, here he is now...

Sunshine came back with Cole, who was trying to hide himself (without much success).

Cole: Are they gone?

Sapphire: The knights in dusty armor? Yeah, they're gone.

Cole: Good. We'll have to carry on with caution if we want to make it to the plain-dwellers...


Sunshine: Why? Are you in trouble?

Cole: Mm, I guess... I'm pretty sure my mother thinks I've been kidnapped again, so she's sent out her best men to find me... I'm afraid this isn't the first time this has happened.

Sapphire: Why would she think that?

Cole: I'm a prince, I'm rich, technically next heir to the thrown of the black kingdom... those are pretty good reasons, right?

Sapphire: Point made. Barak! Make sure we don't run into any soldiers, ok?

Barak nodded from his perch and took off, scouting the town while Ruby and go followed his sky rout from below.

*****

Sapphire: Are you sure you know where you're going?

Cole was walking aimlessly, while everyone else was following him, concerned about where they were.

Cole: Uh, not really... I may leave the castle to have fun with my friends, but I don't often get the chance to actually get out. This is the third time I've been in the forest.

Sapphire: We're lost, then.


Cole: No, not yet. There should be a large stream we can follow towards the hideout. But one problem - I don't know where it is...

Sapphire: Hey, Barak! You have a good sense of smell - try and find this river for us, will you?

Barak: I'll try. Water is pretty hard to smell sometimes...

Barak sniffed the air for a minute, trying to pick up a clear scent of a stream. He started drifting off in a direction he hoped was water, and everyone else followed him.

Cole: ... How did you manage to befriend a Dragon? Didn't they escape to somewhere more peaceful more than a thousand years ago?

Ruby: Yes, they did. But they left their champion to aid us in the battle against the UnMythics!

Cole: I thought the UnMythics were just stories...

Sapphire: Nope. You're looking at living proof that they existed! I was one, until Barak so kindly bit me and turned me into a Sea Creature.

Ruby: If he didn't bite you, you'd be dead.

Sapphire: True... I like living.

The green Dragon ahead of them suddenly stopped, wagging his tail.

Barak: Would this be the place? It looks like a place Vampires would live in.

Ruby hurried over to Barak's side, and saw multiple tree houses with Vampires everywhere. Nearby she saw a stream, and guessed this was the place.

She signaled the others to follow her as she approached a nearby elder resting at the bottom of a huge tree. He looked up, surprised to see them.


Old Vampire (blue eagle): Hello, children with green Dragon. What are you all doing in our peaceful village?

Ruby: If it's not a bother, can we ask some questions about this island?

Old Vampire: Ah. Travelers you are, wishing to know more about our fair city... Very well. Climb up this ladder, and my grand-son will give you the information you need.

Sapphire: I'll stay here, if it's all the same to you guys. Maybe chat with the locals around here.

Ruby: Usually I would suggest you come with us, but I understand. We'll give you details later on.

Barak flew up, while Ruby climbed the ladder, with Sunshine and Cole close behind. As they reached the top, a white eagle faced them sharply.

Cloud (white eagle): Who are you Vampires? Did grandpa let you up here?

Ruby: Yes, he did. He said you'd answer some questions for us?

Cloud: Questions? I've got work to do. He can't expect me to waste time with children-

Ruby: Children? You don't look like an adult, either!

Cloud: Hey, I happen to lead this forest fort! And how did you even find us?

Sunshine pointed towards Barak, who cocked his head at the white eagle, who in turned stared icily back.

Cloud: ... Ok, big deal. You have a Dragon! How do I know you're not spies from the castles?

Ruby: I come from ShadowWhisper Island! I've traveled a long way just to get here, and I'd like to help. Barak can confirm this!

Barak nodded his head enthusiastically, puffing out a smoke ring.

Barak: Oh, yes! We want to help you! You seem to dislike the current rulers, is that not so?

Cloud: It's true that Charon and Vulcan are... like the previous kings... But what can you do?

Ruby: Do you want help or not?


The white eagle sighed and invited them over. Cole hung back as Ruby and Sunshine walked over to the table where a bunch of maps were scattered everywhere.

Cloud: As much as I hate it, you're right. We need all the help we can get... What are you capable of?

Ruby: I've had a bit of stealth training. Not as good as my friend, but he's... busy at the moment.

Cloud: Ok... What about you, cat?

Sunshine: I'm afraid I can't do anything that special, Mr...?

Cloud: Sky Cloudberry RazorClaw junior, but call me Cloud. I've got an uncle named Sky, so I had to take the first part of my grandpa's name - Cloud.

Barak: Weird.

Cloud: Anyway! You, red one... What's your name?

Ruby: My name's Ruby.

Cloud: Ruby... You said you had questions?

Ruby: Yup. First things first-

BOOOM
----------


...

(... I regret nothing.)

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Why would I do that? They have to stop all this fighting first, plus, It's only the start of their adventure!

      ... And they have many more quests to go, like finding the Dragons and DSC's! (and many more I can't mention)

      Delete
    2. Ok, whew. Thought you were going Veronica Roth on us.
      ...Have you read Divergant? If so, you would know what I'm talking about.

      Delete